To prevent the NHS from becoming overwhelmed within the next five weeks, Boris Johnson has put England into a four-week lockdown. This means staying home except for specified reasons and the closure of non-essential businesses. Will Halfords be open during lockdown?
The thought of a second lockdown is daunting, with non-essential businesses forced to close.
While supermarkets and pharmacies will never close, shops most of us frequent will be closing.
This includes clothing and homeware stores, vehicle showrooms (other than for rental), betting shops, tailors, tobacco and vape shops, electronic goods and mobile phone shops, and market stalls selling non-essential goods.
Hospitality venues such as cafes, restaurants, pubs, bars and social clubs with the exception of providing food and drink for takeaway click-and-collect, drive-through or delivery must also close.
READ MORE- Are shops open during lockdown? Full list of essential shops
Accommodation such as hotels, hostels, guest houses and campsites, and entertainment venues such as theatres and cinemas are also shut.
Personal care facilities such as salons, tattoo parlours and spas, as well as leisure and sports facilities like gyms and pools are closed too.
Where businesses are deemed essential, they can stay open as long as they follow COVID-19 secure guidelines.
So what businesses are allowed to stay open? Will Halfords be open during lockdown?
Shops and businesses considered essential include:
- Essential retail such as food shops, supermarkets, pharmacies, garden centres, hardware stores, building merchants and off-licences.
- Petrol Stations, car repair and MOT services, bicycle shops, and taxi and vehicle hire businesses.
- Banks, building societies, post offices, loan providers and money transfer businesses
- Funeral directors
- Launderettes and dry cleaners
- Medical and dental services
- Vets and pet shops
- Agricultural supplies shops
- Storage and distribution facilities
- Car parks, public toilets and motorway service areas.
- Outdoor playgrounds
Is Boots closing for second lockdown? [INFORMER]
Aldi & Lidl issue new shopping rules as England goes into lockdown [INSIGHT]
Are vets closed during lockdown? [EXPLAINER]
Will Halfords be open during lockdown?
Garages and bicycle shops have been classed as essential, so Halfords’ stores, garages and mobile vans will stay open.
Graham Stapleton, Halfords CEO says: “Halfords is trusted by millions of customers every year to play a critical role in keeping vehicles on the road and safe to drive.
“Although we may be making fewer journeys right now, the journeys we do make matter more than ever; getting children to school, volunteers to the pharmacy, and health professionals and teachers to work.”
“The safety of our colleagues and customers continues to be our top priority and since March, we have been working to adapt our stores and garages.”
Customers can browse in the 441 Halfords retail stores that are open, or visit the 367 garages.
There are still 106 mobile expert vans that can come to your home to fix any problems.
If you’d prefer to shop online, you can do so 24/7.
You can do Click and Collect or get free next day delivery on items over £40.
Halfords has put in place important additional measures which include:
- Limiting customer numbers indoors
- Queue marshalling
- Notices and markings for social distancing
- Cleaning stations
- Hygiene screens and colleague PPE
- A contactless Drive in Fit and Repair Service
- A vehicle interior sanitisation process for all in car fitting jobs