Gamers, and most everyone else, believed they had at least another week before Rainbow Six Siege’s new season would be available to download.
But today’s Rainbow Six Siege update is now live and brings with it the new Season of Shadow Legacy content.
This new patch has bee available to download across PS4, Xbox One and PC for a number of hours.
And it appears to be part of the buildup for the new Ubisoft Forward live stream event, which is billed to contain even more R6 news for fans.
And based on today’s surprise release, it will be worth tuning in to find out what is being planned next.
The good news is that while Ubisoft has managed to stealth drop Rainbow Six Siege Shadow Legacy today, they haven’t done it without patch notes.
A full list of changes has been shared by the development team, meaning we have a good idea what made it into the final build after the weeks of testing.
More news regarding Shadow Legacy could be shared during Ubisoft Forward, although it seems more likely that the event will focus on the big stuff coming for next-gen platforms.
Further patch notes may arrive in the coming hours if there is anything left to share about the new season.
The latest news regarding today’s Rainbow Six Siege update can be found below, having been shared on September 9:
EARLY RAINBOW SIX SIEGE PATCH NOTES
We’re currently evaluating the feedback that we’ve received on Ping 2.0 over the course of the Test Server. So far, we’ve observed that the benefits of the new ping system are more heavily weighted towards more casual players, but we also understand the potential drawbacks raised by high-tier players about the new ping system. With this in mind, we would like to spend some more time gathering data and feedback on the live servers. We’ll continue closely monitoring the impact of Ping 2.0 while it’s on live while we we take a closer look at our options to try and will do our best to incorporate feedback to make the new Ping 2.0 an enjoyable experience and useful tool for players of all backgrounds.
1X SCOPE OPTIONS AND AVAILABILITY
We have heard player feedback on the availability of options for 1x scopes on operators. While making the 1x scopes available for all the operators is something that we have considered, there are a number of design limitations that prevent us from making it a possibility at this time. We are currently exploring our options and will share more when we have a better solution.
Based on feedback over the course of the TS, we’ve given the old Holo back to some operators, while swapping the new Holo to others to gather more data and feedback. This change should give players more agency when choosing between using the new Holo vs. other alternatives. This will also only impact DEF operators with 1x zoom scopes. We’ll be closely studying and monitoring the performance of the two Holos and player feedback on the live servers as well.
- Re-added old Nato Holo in place of the new MH1 Holo for: Wamai (AUG A2), Oryx (Mp5), Pulse (Ump 45)
- Added new Nato Holo to replace old Holo for: Castle (Ump45), Doc (Mp5), Echo (Mp5SD)
Gave Nomad more options on her scopes to make them feel and look a bit better.
- ARX: Removed 1.5x, Added 2.0x
- AK: Removed 2.0x, Added 1.5x and 2.5x
The sensitivity slider now goes up to 200. Don’t forget that when you patch into the new season, your old sensitivity settings will automatically be converted into the new system.
MMR CHANGES FOR ANTI-BOOSTING
To discourage boosting and de-ranking, players can no longer drop below 1000 MMR, and players cannot gain more than 150 MMR from any game.
VOTE-TO-KICK REMOVAL (LATER IN THE SEASON)
Early in the season, we will be removing the vote-to-kick feature from Quick Match. We’ve been monitoring the use of vote-to-kick for the last seasons and have confirmed that it is indeed a highly abused feature used as a disruption tool and that it is considered by most to be a pain point in this playlist. Considering that it brings more tension to Quick Match, we decided to turn it off.
IN-GAME REPORT NOTIFICATIONS
You will now receive in-game notifications after a player you reported is sanctioned. These will replace the ‘Thank you’ emails that used to be sent out in this scenario. We are replacing the emails with notifications to be more transparent about our sanction process. It also allows us to keep sanction communication in-game, making it easier for users to get updates while they play.
- Added raiser to the 1.5x Scope to alleviate the issue of the visible iron sight/front pins when in ADS.
- Iana’s Holograms will no longer trigger metal detectors.
- New naming convention for shields. All shields will now display ‘SHIELD’ as their weapon type. (ex: Le Roc Shield, G-52 Tactical Shield, CCE Shield).
- Reduced the size of the 1.5x Scope
- Reduced the size of the reticule for the MH1 Holo Sight
- Minor visual tweaks to Zero’s scope icons for aesthetics.
- Updated reticle structure for Kali’s CSRX300 and Capitao’s Crossbow
- Updated reticle when entering gadget mode for Kali.
- Vault prompt consistency after meleeing a barricade (See Vault Detection changes). Previously you could sometimes vault barricades after 1 melee. Barricades will now require at least 2 melee hits before the vault prompt will appear.
- FIXED – Issues with gadget deployment and consistency when interacting with destructible/fragile map assets (see Gadget Deployment Refactor in Patch Notes).
- FIXED – Minor feedback issues for new disable state (see new Disable State in Patch Notes).
- FIXED – Various minor issues with Ping 2.0 feedback (see new Ping 2.0 in Patch Notes).
- FIXED – Various feedback issues for hard breach charge (see new Hard Breach Charge in Patch Notes).
- FIXED – Various vault fixes (see Vault Detection Improvement in Patch Notes).
- FIXED – Hot breach charge can kill operators during entry.
- FIXED – Issues with DBNO detection.
- FIXED – Launcher projectiles (Ash, Zero) can sometimes pass through walls.
- FIXED – Breaching charges display fire spark VFX if they’re destroyed without being detonated.
- FIXED – Drones not always spawning in the same vicinity as the player.
- FIXED – Drones sometimes spawn facing the wrong way and not facing the objective building.
- FIXED – Drones spawning at random map locations instead of near the Attacker spawn point if ‘No vote’ is chosen.
- FIXED – Firearms can sometimes get stuck if players pick up deployable gadgets during the animation and using other buttons simultaneously.
- FIXED – Gadgets/projectiles can sometimes pass through surfaces if they are thrown while leaning, prone, and while forcing collision.
- FIXED – Inconsistent objective scan detection by drone on bomb sites.
- FIXED – Missing occluded SFX when deploying while standing away from the wall and rappelling.
- FIXED – Popping animation when running downhill.
- FIXED – Shield operator’s shields will flip after swapping it out and meleeing.
- FIXED – Small barricades can be vaulted after just one hit.
- FIXED – Weapons appear in the middle of a deployable gadget while gadget is being deployed/cooked.
- FIXED – When melee hitting an electrified deployable shield, players take 15 damage (should be consistent with damage taken from electrified reinforced walls/barbed wire – which is 3 dmg).
- FIXED – Holo MH1 reticule is not properly aligned.
- FIXED – Red dot is not aligned.
- FIXED – Exploitable gaps in some map areas.
- FIXED – Flickering textures for certain map surfaces.
- FIXED – Minor chroma changes to destructible walls for better clarity.
- FIXED – Various clipping/dynamic clipping issues.
- FIXED – Various issues with carpets.
- FIXED – Various LOD issues on maps.
- FIXED – Various map props/assets.
- FIXED – Echo’s Yokai can get stuck behind a water dispenser in 1F Skylight Stairwell of Bank.
- FIXED – Explosion damage can pass through the metal desk in B CCTV of Bank.
- FIXED – Invisible ceiling collision when navigating with Echo’s Yokai at B Main Stairway on Bank.
- FIXED – Bullets can penetrate through the trim around the bar counter on Coastline.
- FIXED – Carpets on Coastline are not destroyed when hit by explosives (see Gadget Deployment Refactor).
- FIXED – You can go through the cool vibes wall on Coastline while rappelling.
- FIXED – Placing and detonating a nitro cell or impact grenade on the flag in 2F Consul Office of Consulate will not deal damage to any nearby operators.
- FIXED – Small gap above the double doors of EXT Visa Entrance of Consulate.